About Me

Hello! Thank you for viewing my blogs. I am a mother of two born in the early 80s. My boys were born 5/19/2006 and 5/5/2013. I was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Classical in August 2013 after going to a rheumatologist suspected of having an autoimmune problem both by symptoms and blood work. I left the office with an Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome diagnosis. I frequent many Facebook groups including Ehlers-Danlos support sites. I have other diagnostics which will I will list in the archives of my site. I live in the forest area of Indiana. I grew up all over the state of Indiana. My other family shows no signs of hypermobility except for my father who sat in a yoga position with both feet up in his lap. He complained of hand and wrist pains when it came to writing. I am the first and only in my family with this diagnosis. You do not have to be hypermobile to have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. You do have to be in pain.


During this journey of life with a chronic illness, I hope to pick up friends to exchange support and encouragement.


I remember the appointment very well. The office staff gave me this long word that I had to have them write on a piece of paper for me. I went home and began to research "Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome." I never expected what I found to fit me so incredibly well. I have joined many support groups. Within the support groups, I have learned that there are many more common issues that we have though they are not on the lists available to describe us. One example is that I have yet to find somebody with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome that does not see halos around lights in the night. As time goes on, I am learning exactly how debilitating this condition is. Although the pain remains the same, the stiffness and lack of ability increases.



If you need to contact me and are not a spammer, you may also write an email to my lowercase yahoo address. See combination below:




The email is my first name. amanda

The first letter of my last name. hudson

The number 14

@yahoo.com

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Amitriptyline and more about me.

9/30/2014

Amitriptyline

I have bad brain fog and so I am afraid that I will have more memory trouble as a possible side effect. I took my first pill at approx. 9 PM EST. They are 10 MG each and the prescription said to take one or two at bedtime. I will only be taking one. Will add more details tomorrow.

I was diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Classical in August of 2014. I top the Brighton score.




I go to college and recently applied for a disability due to my wrist. hand, back, neck, and every joint in my body pain. I was approved and will begin using Dragon Naturally Speaking soon. It is a voice to text software. I will be updating my blog as a daily journal which will include my thoughts on the program. 

In my blog I will also be talking about past experiences that may or may not relate to Ehlers Danlos Syndrome but are worthy of taking note.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your post! Your comments will be approved within 48 hours.